Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Lost Contact

During one of my study breaks today, I got down to managing my mobile phone's phone book. I knew it stored a substantial number of 'contacts' who are never in contact. Nowadays, exchanging mobile numbers after being introduced to someone is almost like a customary "Nice meeting you". So I got down to deleting some of these 'not-so-contacted' contacts.

Suddenly I scrolled to a name & I felt uneasy. It was the contact number of the brother of my very good friend. Her brother had died in a motorcycle accident early this February. I hadn't met him personally, although I happened to speak with him a couple of times over the phone. Later, I had also taken his mobile number from my friend so that I could keep in touch with him. I don't remember I called him on his mobile phone more than once after that.

And today, my finger hesitated for a second before pressing the delete option in front of his name!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww.....too touching....

Anonymous said...

sad that v dont maintain contacts with ppl v interact at times....the blog just reminded me of a couple of frnds with whom i havent been in touch for quite some time now.....
served as a good reminder!!!!

Jui Chitre Deshmukh said...

@ mihir
i could totally relate to what u had to say here.. I had friend.. I lost her to a road accident too.. Later i know how it felt to delete the no. from my cell.. and I still have it scribbled in my diary.. couldn't get my pen to scratch it out..

It takes something to pen something like this..and let people read it.. I appreciate u for that..

Gouri said...

Ur post made me relive my pain.

In my case, it was close family...